Wednesday, December 27, 2006

27 December 2006

Dear Blog:

I apologize that once again, it is me writing and not Scott himself. It’s been a long time since the last post, and much has happened. It is hard to write on behalf of Scott but unfortunately this duty is left to those of us who stay behind.

It is with stumbling fingers and a heavy heart that I report: Scott passed away on Wednesday morning, December 20 in our home in Seattle. He fought against pancreatic cancer for nine months, with the love and support of his friends and family. He was an amazing man, committed, thoughtful, self-reflective, intense and complex.

It’s beyond me to write anything even resembling an obituary, and I hope that you’ll forgive that this post took some time in coming. I don’t know that anyone was prepared to lose him so soon.

Those of us who loved him will miss him terribly, and in time will sort out the next steps.

Services are being planned by friends and family in Salt Lake City and also in Seattle. We’ll try to post the information as it becomes available, but with this entry I’d like to close the blog. I’d like to thank everyone, this community, grown out of love and concern for Scott for being with us on his last journey.

Sincerely

Kim Luu (xyla78@gmail.com)
Gillian Harkins (gharkins@u.washington.edu)
Sheri Swaner (sschapin50@gmail.com


Scott H. Swaner
06 Jan 1968 – 20 Dec 2006

No comments: